Is Richland Virtual School right for you?
Online learning is great option for those students wanting an educational experience outside the traditional classroom. It’s crucial that all those interested in enrolling in Virtual School be aware of the responsibilities and expectations that come with online learning.
Questions For Students
- Are you prepared to commit to online learning for a full academic year?
- Do you have reliable access to the Internet?
- Are you able to stick to a consistent daily schedule to complete online coursework?
- Are you a self-starter who likes to work independently?
- Are you technologically savvy?
- Are you comfortable communicating with your teachers by phone, email or in online video conferences?
- Are you good at following written directions?
- Are you well organized?
- Do you recognize when to reach out for assistance?
Questions For Families
- Are you prepared to support your student in online learning for a full academic year?
- Can you provide reliable Internet access for your child?
- Are you prepared to guide and encourage your student to stay on track with their learning?
- Are you prepared to communicate regularly with your student’s teacher by phone, email or online video conferences?
2020-21 Enrollment Deadline: Aug. 19
How To Enroll
Families interested in RVS may transfer into the program which will require a commitment for the full 2020-21 school year. Complete the in-district transfer form and return it to the district’s Student Services office by placing it in the dropbox at the RSD Administration Office at 615 Snow Ave. or by sending it to Lynne.Wiskerchen@rsd.edu. A photo of the transfer request can also be accepted.
- For students outside the Richland School District: Please contact our Student Services office for assistance.